PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Y2K Schedule

Ira Mcdonald imcdonal at sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Wed Aug 18 11:16:52 EDT 1999

Hi Harry,                                     Wednesday (18 August 1999)

I've inserted in your original note (below) the possible conflicts for
these meeting dates for 2000, from the latest meetings list at the IETF
site (www.ietf.org).  Also, I've appended the official IETF Plenary
schedule and (unofficial) industry calendar (for future reference).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc
  906-494-2697/2434

> From: harryl at us.ibm.com
> To: pwg-announce at pwg.org
> cc: don at lexmark.com
> Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:34:06 -0600
> Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Y2K Schedule
>
> There seems to be a lot of support for reducing the schedule in 2000.
> I thought Don's proposal for 2000 was much more reasonable than the
> initial 1999 swag.  Nonetheless, we won't get very far unless we have
> concrete alternatives.  I've tried to pare it down for 2000 and still
> not tromp on any holidays.  Go ahead and take pot shots at this...
>
>   January 24           Hawaii
[Jan 24-28       Open Group Meetings                  TBD]

>   March 13             San Antionio, TX
[Mar 10-14       IEEE 802                             San Diego, CA]

>   May 8                New York City
[May 7-12        ATM Forum                            TBD]
[May 7-12        17th World Telecommunications Congr. Birmingham, UK]
[May 9-11        Networld+Interop '00                 Las Vegas, NV]

>   July 10              Portland OR
[no listed conflict]

>   September 11         Chicago
[Sept 11-15      RIPE 37                              Amsterdam, Netherlands]

>   October 30           Atlanta/New Orleans
[no listed conflict]

>   December 11          San Diego
[no listed conflict]

> Harry Lewis
> IBM Printing Systems
> harryl at us.ibm.com

Future IETF Meeting Sites

Spring (Autumn) 2000 - 47th IETF
    March 27-31, 2000
    Adelaide, Australia
    Host: connect.com.au

Summer 2000 - 48th IETF
        July 31- Aug 4, 2000
        Location to be announced
        Host: Fore Systems

Fall 2000 - 49th IETF
        Still planning
        Host: Offers accepted :-)

Spring 2001 - 50th IETF
        March 19-23, 2001
        Minneapolis, MN
        Host: To be announced
Last update 4/2/99

The information below has been submitted to the IETF Secretariat
as a means of notifying readers of future events. Readers are
requested to send in dates of events that are appropriate for this
calendar section. Please send submissions, corrections, etc., to:

               <meeting-planning at ietf.org>

Please note: The Secretariat does not maintain on-line information
for the events listed below.

A copy of this calendar is available as follows:

VIA FTP
-------
IETF Information is available by anonymous FTP from several sites.

        Northern Europe Address:   ftp.nordu.net (192.36.148.198)
        Southern Europe Address:   ftp.nis.garr.it (193.205.245.10)
        Pacific Rim Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)
        Africa Address:       ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.12)
        West Coast Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)
        US East Coast Address:  ftp.ietf.org

cd ietf
ls *0mtg*

WWW
-------
<http://www.ietf.org/home.html> Click on the link for "meetings" and
you should find an entry "listing of other Internet related events".

1999
-----
Jul 25-30       ATM Forum                            New Orleans, LA
Aug 15-19       5th Annual Int'l Conf. on            Seattle, WA
                  Mobile Computing & Networking
Aug 23-26       USENIX  8th Security Symposium       Washington, DC
Aug 30-Sep 3    SIGCOMM '99 (East Coast US)          Cambridge, MA
Sept 13-17      Networld+Interop '99                 Atlanta, GA
Sep 21-24       RIPE 34                              Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sep 21-23       W3C Interest Group Mtg               TBA
Sep 26-Oct 2    ATM Forum                            Bangkok, Thailand
Oct 3-5         NANOG 17                             Montreal, Canada
Oct 3-6         USENIX  2nd Conf on
                  Domain-Specific Languages          Austin, TX
Oct 8-14        TELECOM '99                          Geneva, Switzerland
Oct 11-14       USENIX                               Boulder, CO
Oct 12-15       IDMS'99                              Toulouse, FRANCE
Oct 25-29       Open Group Meetings                  TBD
Nov 3-4         Cross-Industry Working Team (XIWT)   Crystal City, VA
Nov 7-12        USENIX Lisa '99                      Seattle, WA
Nov 7-12        46th IETF                            Wash, DC
Nov 8-12        IEEE 802                             Kaui
Nov 28-Dec 4    ATM Forum                            Beverly Hills, CA

2000
----
Jan 24-28       Open Group Meetings                  TBD
Feb 14-18       USENIX  7th TCL/TK Conference        Austin, TX
Feb 20-25       ATM Forum                            TBD
Feb 21-25       RIPE 35                              Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mar 6-10        IEEE 802                             Albuquerque
Mar 10-14       IEEE 802                             San Diego, CA
Mar 27-31       47th IETF                            Adelaide, Australia
Apr 10-14       Open Group Meetings                  TBD
May 7-12        ATM Forum                            TBD
May 7-12        17th World Telecommunications Congr. Birmingham, UK
May 9-11        Networld+Interop '00                 Las Vegas, NV
May 13-19       9th International World Wide Web     Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Jun 19-23       USENIX Annual Technical Conf.        San Diego, CA
Jun 26-30       Open Group Meetings                  TBD
Jul 23-28       ATM Forum                            TBD
Jul 31-Aug 4    48th IETF (tentative)                TBD
Aug             9th USENIX Security Symposium        TBD
late Aug        SIGCOMM 2000                         Europe (tentative)
Sept 11-15      RIPE 37                              Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sep 25-29       Networld+Interop '00                 Atlanta, GA
Oct 15-20       ATM Forum                            TBD
Oct 23-27       Open Group Meetings                  TBD
Nov 6-10        IEEE 802                             Tampa, FL
Dec 3-8         USENIX 14th Systems Admin. Conf.     New Orleans, LA

2001
----
Jan 22-26       RIPE 38                              Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mar 26-31       50th IETF                            Minneapolis, MN
Apr 22-27   Infocom 2001                 Alaska
Jun 25-29       USENIX Annual Technical Conf.        Boston, MA
Oct 28-Nov 2    USENIX 15th Systems Admin. Conf.     San Diego, CA