PWG-ANNOUNCE> Charter for XHTML-Print Working Group

ElliottBradshaw at oaktech.com ElliottBradshaw at oaktech.com
Thu Mar 1 17:08:32 EST 2001

Don,

We won't be at the plenary (although Norbert will be in Tampa for the UPDF
meeting) so here is our two cents.

PWG seems like the right home for XHTML-Print.  We like the work you've
done and hope it becomes final soon.   I wonder what impact this will have
on the timing within the UPnP group.  Since the plan there has been to
finalize this soon, would that vote go ahead?  What happens if the PWG
process makes changes afterwards?  Perhaps PWG should vote on adopting the
UPnP result lock stock and barrel, or else UPnP should just turn it over
right away.

Also, I assume a goal is to do this in a way that the Bluetooth folks can
adopt it as well...true?

Elliott Bradshaw
Director, Software Engineering
Oak Technology Imaging Group
781 638-7534

                    don at lexmark.com
                    Sent by:                To:     pwg-announce at pwg.org
                    owner-pwg-announ        cc:     melinda_grant at hp.com,
                    ce at pwg.org              fujisawa.jun at canon.co.jp,
                                            peter.zehler at usa.xerox.com
                                            Subject:     PWG-ANNOUNCE> Charter for
                    02/27/01 04:23          XHTML-Print Working Group
                    PM

A working group to develop the XHTML-Print "datastream" is being proposed
for
the PWG.  I have included a pointer to a proposed charter which will be
discussed at the PWG Plenary in Tampa.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org.pub/pwg/xhtml-print/charter/XHTML-Print-Charter-01.doc

Comments should be sent to me or brought up at the Plenary in Tampa.  A
mailing
list for this project has not yet been set up yet.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Chair, Printer Working Group               *
* Chair, IEEE MSC                            *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 859-232-4808 (phone) 859-232-6740 (fax)    *