Anyone objecting to changing the maturity level of this specification to
Prototype should send their objection to mailto:ipp at pwg.org
<mailto:ipp at pwg.org>
The latest document is available at
The changes from the last version include one issues and some clean-up.
In "The Printer Working Group (PWG) Standard for Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP):Document Object" there was one issue and some updates required. Below
is the summary. See the specification for the details.
The [rfc2911] Job Description attribute
"output-device-assigned" is single-valued even though the "output-device"
Job Template can be supplied at the Job, Document and page Override (i.e.
Leave the Job Description attribute single-valued. This
will prevent any interoperability problems with existing implementations.
It will also handle the majority of uses. Add a single-valued
"output-device" Job Template attribute which MAY be supplied in a Document
Creation operation to give it Document scope and in the "overrides"
attribute to give it Sheet scope.. . Implementations that allow the routing
of individual sheets should be capable of implementing "overrided" and
"-actuals". Even if they don't support -actuals, the "overrides" Template
attribute will contain the requested output devices.
Version 0.6, August 8, 2003:
1. Changed "output-device-requested" to "output-device"
2. Made "output-device" a Job Template attribute, instead of an
Operation attribute for the following two reasons: (1) so that it can be
used at the Sheet level in "overrides" to print a Sheet containing color
pages on a color printer while the other Sheets are printed on a black and
white printer and (2) so that the "output-device-actual" can be used to
indicate the actual device(s) used, since [rfc2911] "output-device-assigned"
is only single valued.
3. Updated introduction
4. Added xxx-supplied to Job Description & updated table 5
5. "output-device-default" explicitly prohibited & split out into its
6. Added "output-device" multivalue issue/resolution.
7. Added overrides summary and scoping of new attributes
8. Added "-actual"s
9. Added Section 8 "Override Scope of Attributes"
10. Added "print-content-optimized
11. Moved "server-too-many-*" error codes from Document Object spec to
Xerox Innovation Group
Email: PZehler at crt.xerox.com
<mailto:PZehler at crt.xerox.com>
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 422-7961
US Mail: Peter Zehler
800 Phillips Rd.
Webster NY, 14580-9701
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...