Traps

Harry Lewis harryl at vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 3 00:18:09 EDT 1996

I don't recall some vendors, at the bake-off, saying they do or don't support
traps. I don't recall if this was ever tabulated or reported. Our printers
support traps to UPD port 162. I'd like to know how others have handled traps.
I think this is important from an interoperability standpoint. I wondering
if we should attempt to establish any kind of convention regarding additional
trap ports to allow more than one application to receive traps on a host.

I probably need to read up on SENSE again, maybe this has been covered.

Any comments?

Harry Lewis