NUmber of Copies -Reply

Scott A. Isaacson Scott_Isaacson at novell.com
Tue Oct 22 14:45:32 EDT 1996

Harry,

I thought that the copies object in the Job MIB was just for reporting
purposes only -  since this is not  a Job Submission MIB but a Job
Monitoring MIB there would never be any notion of "overriding" what is in
the PDL - just reporting it if it is known.

Scott I

Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: scott_isaacson at novell.com
W: http://www.novell.com

>>> "Harry Lewis <harryl at vnet.ibm.com>" <harryl at VNET.IBM.COM>
10/22/96 12:08am >>>
I see number of copies in the Job MIB. What is the consensus on how
this
attribute relates to any similar object that may be carried within the PDL?
If the job MIB value is meant to be an override, do printer vendors think
they can actually treat this correctly for all PDLs?

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems