As previously established, there will be a WBMM telephone conference call :
Time: 4:00 PM EST 18 (1PM PST) March 2003
Call-in US Toll-free : 1-877-874-5524
Call-in International /Toll : 1-712-455-8420
Participant Identification number: 497478
Review of Agenda
Review of Last Conference Call Minutes ( ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/minutes/wbmm_030304.doc )
Discussion of Use Cases/Scenarios ( ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/
Discuss New Data Model Requirements (Harry's list)
1. Leverage semantics from Printer MIB, IPP and Finisher MIB
2. Address new functionality for MFPs
3. Address management of Services such as Transforms or Print Services
4. Improve upon the conveyance of status as compared to the Printer MIB, hrMIB
5. Allow structuring the data model in relation to applications (end-user, admin, accounting, service etc.) vs. devices
(printer, mfp, finisher).
6. Facilitate mapping to legacy models (MIBs, CIM, NPAP etc.)
7. Facilitate direct, native data exchange to the lowest managed entity if desired (ex. don't REQUIRE proxy or
Discuss Partitioning and Inter-relation (i.e., identification of pre-requisite information necessary to proceed)
1. Base Transport (HTTP, including support for security infrastructure ; EMAIL, including ESMTP and APOP ; others?)
2. SOAP/XML Coding (including interface with both existing local management provisions and new data model)
3. New Data Model
Next conference call
Review of action items
Please communicate if you have additional agenda items or would like to add basic issues for discussion.
This list has about 30 subscribers. We hope to have good participation on Tuesday's call.
Bill Wagner/NetSilicon, a Digi International Company
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...