WBMM> Strawman for Usage Counters

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 16 11:19:24 EST 2003

Great job, Peter.

1. By LargeImpressions... do you mean physical size or file size (I'm
thinking you mean physical). Either case, who defines "large"... each
institution or is this something we will define?
2. Would like to add PrinterIdleTime (should we also add ScannerIdleTime?)
3. ImpressionsPerDay... this would require a real-time-clock in the
device... or is it better to just allow an application to derive this
semantic by measuring time and tracking impressions?
4. BlankImpressions / BlankSheets - what if there is a watermark process
running (embedded) but sheets (impressions) are emitted with no data.
Blank or not?
Harry Lewis
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"Zehler, Peter" <PZehler at crt.xerox.com>
Sent by: owner-wbmm at pwg.org
12/16/2003 05:29 AM

"'wbmm at pwg.org'" <wbmm at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
WBMM> Strawman for Usage Counters

All,
Here is a boiled down list of the usage counters that would be useful for
fleet management.  I have not gone through and added the references to the
counters that already exist someplace.  I thought I'd wait until we had a
chance to discuss and adjust this proposed list.  The table is available
at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/white/PWG-Usage-Counters-Table-0.1.pdf
Pete
Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Innovation Group