The changes have been made to the usage counters table per our last WBMM
meeting. The summary of the changes is below. The pdf version containing
revision marks is available at
The clean version (v0.03) that has been sorted based on the new names is
This will be the version used in the next review of the table.
Changes from v0.1 to v0.02 (sorry about the numbering anomaly):
1) Change the names of the high level counters to TotalXxx (e.g.
2) Use FullColor instead of Color in counter names to align with Job
MIB and IPP (e.g. TotalFullColorImpressions)
3) Add exclusion of HighlightColor counts in FullColor counts
definitions. TotalHightColorImpressions + TotalFullColorImpressions will
equal the number impressions with color other than black.
4) Remove definitions of Large counters. Perhaps we will add a table
of media used counters
5) Consistently prefix counter names with service followed by item
being counted (e.g. BlackCopied Impressions becomes CopyBlackImpressions)
6) ISSUE: IBM has requested the addition of idle times.
a. How do we represent idle time? (elapsed time, %, ...)
b. How fined grained is the counter?
c. Do we also need active time?
d. We should keep in mind limiting demand on server when specifying
e. We see two different aspects: utilization of the device(device
deployment) vs. measuring device uptime to meet service agreement(amount of
time device is in service)
7) Change ServiceXxx to MaintainanceXxx (e.g. MaintainanceImpressions)
to avoid overload and confusion of "Service".
8) Watermark do not count as impression (added ISSUE on definition of
impression WBMM definition vs. rfc2707)
9) Change Xxx2SidedXxx to XxxTwoSidedXxx (e.g. TotalTwoSidedSheets)
10) Remove PowerOnImpressions (it can be derived via events and existing
11) Alignment with rfc2707 is a design requirement
12) Change XxxNetworkSent to XxxScanToFile (e.g. ScanToFileImages) to
include locally stored scanned images
13) Generalize InternetFax to NetworkFax to include any Fax over a
network. (remove protocol mapping to include email, http or IPP)
14) Clarify Fax refers to PSTN Fax
15) Need total Scan Counters (e.g. TotalScanImages)
16) Remove '-' from E-MailXxx (e.g. EmailImagesSent)
Xerox Innovation Group
Email: PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 422-7961
US Mail: Peter Zehler
800 Phillips Rd.
Webster NY, 14580-9701
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...