Draft is updated. Per the description in the front matter:
This version of the PWG Proposed Standard is available electronically at:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/latestdraft.doc in change-tracked Word format, and
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/latestdraft.rtf marked up.
A non-changed-tracked PDF copy is also available in
(the RTF is very large, so in the future, I will change the front matter to indicate the non-MS Word latestdraft markup will be PDF)
Open items (in no particular priority) include:
1. Returns and exceptions to operations
2. I have notes to add PauseAndDisable comment and ResumeAndEnable comment (but have forgotten what these are)
3. Report and Alert Schema
4. WSDL references
From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 2:45 PM
To: 'wbmm at pwg.org'
Subject: WBMM> Comments on wd-wbmm01-20031231x.pdf
Hi Bill, Monday (19 January 2004)
My belated comments on the latest WBMM spec 'wd-wbmm01-20031231x.pdf':
- please regenerate Table of Contents (missing stuff) - thanks.
- change 'Managed Service or device' to 'Managed Service or Device'.
- better - change 'Managed Service or device' to 'Managed Entity'.
- change 'WBMM Monitoring Interface' to 'WBMM Managed Entity
Interface' (per section 5.1)
- change 'WBMM Management Interface' to 'WBMM Management Station
Interface' (per section 5.2)
(4) Section 2.2
- insert 'WBMM' prefix in front of the defined terms:
'Managed Device', 'Management Station', 'Management Proxy', and
(5) Section 4.3
- change 'soap+XML' to 'soap+xml' (per RFC 3023 canonical spelling).
- change 'WBMM Management Stations' to 'WBMM Management Stations,
WBMM Management Proxies, or WBMM Managed Entities'.
(6) Section 4.5 (and elsewhere?)
- change 'WBMM managed entities' to 'WBMM Managed Entities'.
(7) Section 5.1.4 and Abstract
- change 'RegisterForMgmt' to 'RegisterForManagement' (because all
our other operations have words fully spelled out).
(8) Section 5.1.5 and Abstract
- change 'UnRegisterForMgmt' to 'UnregisterForManagement' (because
'unregister' is a single word - consistent with PSI/1.0 spec).
(9) Section 5.3.17
- remove erroneous '12/31/2003' from section title
(10) Section 5
- the diagram is damaged (truncated) in the PDF version.
(11) Section 5.3 and all subsections
- change 'legacy Managed Device' to 'Legacy Managed Device'.
- change 'Management Station' to 'WBMM Management Station'.
(12) Section 5.3.12
- delete 'service or device' in Description (it's redundant).
(13) Section 5.3.15
- replace entire broken definition of 'notifyEvents' with:
"list of event names to be delivered via SendAlert."
(this was my error in HTML original draft of spec)
(14) Section 5.3.17
- change 'service or device' to 'WBMM Managed Entity' in Description
(15) Section 7
- in second paragraph, change 'of Schedule and Resource' to
'of Schedule, Resource, Alert, and Report'.
(16) Section 14 - Appendix X
- please keep up this 'Change Log' at some level of detail - thanks.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com