WIMS> ReportElementAny

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 24 00:56:13 EDT 2004

I think I've asked for clarification before but, evidently, I have yet to
completely understand the verbal responses.

In report-20040622.xsd, what is the purpose of "ReportElementAny"

<xsd:element name="ReportElementAny">
 <!-- OPTIONAL - MUST be single-valued -->
 <!-- any element (and value) from any namespace -->
  <xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="ReportElementAnyName" type="xsd:NMTOKEN"
minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
    <xsd:element name="ReportElementAnyValue" type="xsd:anyType"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
   </xsd:sequence>
 </xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>

why is it single valued, and how does it compare with "ReportElementAny"
inside "ReportRequestedElements"?

Is the above just the schema DEFINITION of a "ReportElementAny" (i.e.
name:value pairs) and the later is the schema for how to build the list of
elements returned in the report?

Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org