[For review during next week's WIMS telecon on Wednesday June 22nd.]
I've just posted the Counter MIB with proposed final updates for all
remaining Last Call issues at:
Please see the Change Log below. Note the new top-level 'Requirements'
section and please review carefully. Jerry - there is a mapping of
every abstract counter to the corresponding MIB columnar object.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
16 June 2005 (v0.90)
- changed document status on cover page from 'Prototype' to 'Stable',
to signal resolution of all 'last call' issues.
- deleted redundant 'transformer' type from 'IcSubunitTypeTC'
(instead use existing 'interpreter' for any document conversion),
per request of Harry Lewis during WIMS telecon of 1 June 2005.
- revised 'IcCounterEventTypeTC' to add 'mediaUsedCreated' when a new
media is first loaded into an Imaging System.
- revised documentation of 'IcServiceTypeTC', 'IcSubunitTypeTC', and
'IcWorkTypeTC' enums to align with PWG Imaging System Counters spec,
per LCRC-2 and LCRC-13.
- revised DESCRIPTION clauses of 'icKeyTable' (lookup) objects,
to clarify default values and service/subunit mutual exclusion.
- revised DESCRIPTION clauses of 'icTimeTable' (availability) counters,
to define them based on User, Maintenance, and Down Mode duration
and to reference 'hrDeviceStatus' values in IETF Host Resources MIB,
per WIMS telecon of 15 June 2005.
- added new top-level section 2 'Terminology', containing
section 2.1 'Conformance Terminology' and
section 2.2 'Imaging Terminology'
(consistent with PWG Imaging System Counters spec),
- added additional imaging terms imported from PWG Imaging System
Counters spec to section 2.2 'Imaging Terminology',
- added detailed 'Service' and 'Subunit' subsections (with enumerated
Service and Subunit types) to section 2.2 'Imaging Terminology',
- added new top-level section 3 'Requirements', containing
section 3.1 'Rationale for Imaging Counter MIB',
section 3.2 'Use Models of Imaging Counter MIB', and
section 3.3 'Design Requirements for Imaging Counter MIB',
per request of Jerry Thrasher and PWG Process 2.0.
- added section 4.5.1 'Mapping from Abstract Counter Groups'
and section 4.5.2 'Mapping from Abstract Counter Elements'
(with exact mapping of every abstract counter element),
per LCRC-6 and LCRC-7.