WIMS> RE: Some comments from Glen on the PWG Counter Spec

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Feb 13 10:12:45 EST 2007

Hi Glen,

I'm forwarding your good comments and questions to the WIMS WG
list.

Some definitions include 'abstract object' because this Counter spec
inherits the multifunction object model defined in the WIMS/1.0 spec
and now being refined in Semantic Model/2.0 work.

The 'System' object corresponds exactly to the 'System' group in
MIB-II (RFC 1213 and successors) and Host Resources MIB (RFC
2790).  It maps one-to-one to the 'Server' object defined as the root
object on a piece of hardward by ISO 10175 (DPA).

The 'Service' object is key to WIMS/1.0 and Semantic Model/2.0
work.  It corresponds to an IPP Printer object (which does NOT
correspond to a device).

All - please reply to Glen's comments - since we are planning to
improve the Datastream definition, clarifying other definitions
would also be appropriate at this time.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434