Resend. My formatting was slightly muddled in the original, sorry.
From: Landau, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 13:48
To: 'McDonald, Ira'; wims at pwg.org
Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ACTION - Ordered list of CIM MOF classes -
due Wed 11 April
Proposed ordering of CIM groups remaining to be done.
Rick Landau 20070411
0. CIM_PrintOutputTray - prtOutputTable - done - in progress at DMTF
1. CIM_PrintInputTray - prtInputTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
2. CIM_PrintSupply - prtMarkerSuppliesTable
3.5 CIM_PrintAlertLog - prtAlertTable
3.5 CIM_PrintAlertRecord - prtAlertEntry
(I don't understand how these two could be separated.)
5. CIM_PrintDeviceCover - prtCoverTable
6. CIM_PrintMarker - prtMarkerTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
7. CIM_PrintChannel - prtChannelTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
8. CIM_PrintMediaPath - prtMediaPathTable
9. CIM_PrintConsoleLight - prtConsoleLightTable
10. CIM_PrintConsoleDisplayBuffer - prtConsoleDisplayBufferTable
11. CIM_PrintColorant - prtMarkerColorantTable
12. CIM_PrintInterpreter - prtInterpreterTable
13. CIM_Printer - prtGeneralTable - last - depends on all other classes
- Must have: things that impede primary function (i.e., printing), that
tell the user what's wrong.
- Must have: things that warn the user that something is about to go
(Out of paper, out of toner, jammed, cover open.)
- Should have: info needed to configure spooler or driver.
- Should have: accounting info, counters.
- Nice to have: inventory and asset info, capabilities.
- Nice to have: default values (if they're not writable, less
- Nice to have: settings, such as channel enablements (if they're not
writable, less important).
From: owner-pwg-announce at pwg.org [mailto:owner-pwg-announce at pwg.org] On
Behalf Of McDonald, Ira
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 16:13
To: pwg-announce at pwg.org
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> ACTION - Ordered list of CIM MOF classes - due
Wed 11 April
Hi, Thursday (5 April 2007)
*** Action: Send your ordered list of CIM MOF classes
*** Due Date: End-of-day Wednesday 11 April 2007
*** To: All PWG members
*** Reply To: wims at pwg.org
*** Note: Do NOT reply to pwg-announce at pwg.org
Background: As a result of the slow CIM Core WG process, we urgently
need to reach concensus on the ORDER in which we will model the tables
from the Printer MIB (RFC 1759/3805) into CIM MOF classes, as described
in Rick Landau's document posted in the directory:
in the file:
Below is my own ordered list of CIM MOF classes:
(0) CIM_PrintOutputTray - prtOutputTable - done - in progress at DMTF
(1) CIM_PrintInputTray - prtInputTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
(2) CIM_PrintMarker - prtMarkerTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
(3) CIM_PrintChannel - prtChannelTable - done - not submitted to DMTF
(4) CIM_PrintSupply - prtMarkerSuppliesTable
(5) CIM_PrintDeviceCover - prtCoverTable
(6) CIM_PrintAlertLog - prtAlertTable
(7) CIM_PrintAlertRecord - prtAlertEntry
(8) CIM_PrintMediaPath - prtMediaPathTable
(9) CIM_PrintInterpreter - prtInterpreterTable
(10) CIM_PrintColorant - prtMarkerColorantTable
(11) CIM_PrintConsoleLight - prtConsoleLightTable
(12) CIM_PrintConsoleDisplayBuffer - prtConsoleDisplayBufferTable
(13) CIM_Printer - prtGeneralTable - last - depends on all other classes
At the WIMS-CIM telecon on Thursday 12 April we will determine concensus
on the ordered list - Rick Landau and I will follow this concensus.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect) Chair - Linux Foundation
Open Printing WG Blue Roof Music / High North Inc PO Box 221 Grand
Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 268.18.26/746 - Release Date:
4/4/2007 1:09 PM