Rick and I just spent two hours on the phone going over
the latest CIM Core WG feedback on CIM_PrintOutputTray:
- CIM_PrintOutputTray.StatusXxx (5 properties)
- they don't like these properties and consider them redundant
- Rick and I hope to have a teleconference with Jon Hass (CIM
Core co-chair, Dell) this Wednesday to discuss these
- they don't like this legacy MIB property at all
- Rick and I hope to get it embedded in OT.InstanceID
by constraining the format - will talk to Jon Hass
- John Crandall (CIM Core co-chair) doesn't like OT.OtherType
(though it exactly follows current CIM model best practice),
but we don't understand his comment about why
prtOutputMaxCapacity and prtOutputRemainingCapacity
- they hate the out-of-band values, e.g., unknown(-2)
- we'll add new parallel properties just like the Subunits
XML schema (WIMS and SM/2.0) called XxxBasis that encode
the out-of-band values, so that gauges are really gauges
- they still don't like our Printer MIB localization
In case you were counting, that is ALL BUT ONE PROPERTY
in CIM_PrintOutputTray - even after 13 versions!
If we can get Jon Hass on the same page on all of the above,
then there exists a possibility that pretty soon we'll be done
Remember in January we called this the 'Pipe Cleaner CR'???
The good news is that, if we can ever settle all of the above,
many of the properties in the remaining subunits should be
approved by analogy.
Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.463 / Virus Database: 269.5.9/773 - Release Date: 4/22/2007 8:18 PM