WIMS> DMTF Alliance Partner draft presentation

WIMS> DMTF Alliance Partner draft presentation

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri Jul 13 13:22:45 EDT 2007

Craig, I just heard from Jon Crandall, co-chair of the CIM Core WG, that
they would like PWG representation at a meeting at the Alliance F2F next
week, Monday @ 1PM PT, specifically at a Core session for planning next
year.  Are you planning to go to that session or some other one?  They
would like to hear in particular how far we are down the path and how
far we still have to go.  The question is how many CRs do we expect to
put in next year (I interpret that as the next 12 months starting now)
so they can plan for resources.

I will try to get complete info on the meeting name, location, time, and
so forth.  Unfortunately, some of the schedule is published only to TC
members, of which I am not one.  Did you get a schedule by email from
Mark Carlson?  If I can get the phone information, I will call into the
meeting, too.

Here is some crude info in case you need some: we have about twelve
classes left to go to finish the printer device, after the four that
passed today.  We are roughly half way through the technical stuff, but
I think we are 75% of the way through the controversies over class
structure and property structure.  So it should take slightly less time
to finish the Printer device.  How, how much time the PrintService and
other classes will take is hard to estimate.  I haven't really looked at
them.  I expect that there will be several classes added, primarily for
capabilities and settings.

rick

PS: Your email signature does not contain a phone number, so I couldn't
get hold of you that way.