WIMS> CIM> Hiccup on CIMCoreCR00946 (PrintSupply)

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri Aug 24 13:55:10 EDT 2007

Right, I had it wrong the first time.  I think my final reply to Steve
Hand was correct in identifying Type and SupplyUnit together as
containing the data needed to interpret Level.  See the later message.

rick

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 12:11
To: Landau, Richard; wims at pwg.org
Cc: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Subject: RE: WIMS> CIM> Hiccup on CIMCoreCR00946 (PrintSupply)

Hi,

For the record, Rick's reply to Steve was inaccurate.

CIM_PrintSupply.SupplyUnit defines only generic units (length, items,
percent, etc.).

CIM_PrintSupply.Type defines 'Staples', 'StitchingWire'
and a dozen other types that we added for Finisher MIB in Printer MIB
v2.

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect) Chair - Linux Foundation
Open Printing WG Blue Roof Music / High North Inc PO Box 221  Grand
Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com