WIMS> Re: Power Management for printer CIM object

Erhan Soyer-Osman erhanso at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Jun 17 13:37:34 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for answering!

I'm not sure if it is best that we continue to restrict what we define in the CIM model for print to be directly mapped to print MIB. Microsoft believes that in the future it will be important to be able to control device power management remotely using WS-Management.

We believe that the PWG should consider looking at the existing DMTF power management classes to determine if they are appropriate.

Definitely a topic for discussion next week. Mike Fenelon will be representing Microsoft.

Thanks,
Erhan