WIMS> RE: Power Management for printer CIM object

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 19:29:58 EDT 2008

Power Management is a good example of what is beyond the Standard MIB to CIM aspect of WS-Man for imaging that WIMS/CIM has been doing. Power management is important and (I think) most printers do have something in their private MIB to relate to this. There is a question of whether a MIB to WS-Man  Converter would be usable for obejcts in enterprise MIBS.

However, in terms of priority, I suggest that the whole group of "computer system" elements that should be addressed when we do a printer profile are perhaps more critical and perhaps more easily supported (since many are already accessible in printers via SNMP because of the standard MIB-II and Host Resources MIB).

I will add these subjects to the f2f agenda. And, not to pound the drum too hard, it sure would be useful to have more workers on these developments.

Bill Wagner

From: <Richard_Landau at Dell.com>