WIMS> RE: Changes to Visio-Printer_15.pdf

WIMS> RE: Changes to Visio-Printer_15.pdf

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Wed Nov 19 16:20:17 EST 2008

Well, I spoke too soon.  The cardinalities in the
CIM_AssociatedPrintSupply association class *may* be too restrictive.

The cardinality for the Marker/Finisher end of the assocation says
Min(1),Max(1); and the association appears twice in the class diagram,
from PrintSupply once each to PrintMarker and PrintFinisher.  On the
surface, that implies, to me at least, that if there is an instance of
PrintSupply, then there must be (to satisfy Min(1)) an instance of the
association leading to a Marker (which always exists) and to a Finisher
(if there is a Finisher).  Welllllll, in the case where there ia a
Finisher of any sort, all supplies will be associated either with a
Marker or with a Finisher, but never with both.  You don't print with
wire and you don't staple with magenta.

I suggest that we remove Min(1) from the cardinality constraints in
CIM_AssociatedPrintSupply.  (Again, we should put this on the big todo
list to be done "in the fullness of time," as my old boss used to say.)

Opinions, please.

rick