[WIMS] Posted Sketch of Power MIB (30 Sept 2009)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:53:06 UTC 2009

I've just posted an ASN.1 *sketch* (not complete objects)
of the Power MIB, based on our discussions on Monday's
WIMS WG teleconference.

Per Harry Lewis' wonderful and humorous abbreviation
'POW', I've made the MIB object prefix 'pow'.

Besides the element deletes and renames we already
discussed, I renamed the (confusing) PowerMode group
to PowerSupport group (obvious) - see sketch.

The textual convention 'PowComponentTypeTC'
will have values like 'system(xx)', 'marker(yy)', etc.
(not just System versus Subunit), and be aligned
(in values) with PrtAlertGroupTC in Printer MIB v2.

I plan to release a next draft of Power Model sometime
next week, with all the agreed updates.

- Ira

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com