[WIMS] CIM Print and MFD Alert Groups - please update PWG agenda and WIMS slides

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 18:19:13 UTC 2011

Hi Mike and Bill,

I would appreciate it if you guys could add links to my releases
yesterday to the PWG F2F agenda and the WIMS WG slides for:
(a) revised CIM Print MOFs; and (b) revised MFD Alert Groups
spec.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/mofinput/ira-20110131.zip

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpmfdalerts10-20110131-rev.pdf

We have a *major* scope issue in the current WIMS WG slides.

The existing MFD Alert Groups spec ONLY defines new values
for PrtAlertGroupTC.  It does NOT define any actual new values
for PrtAlertCodeTC for the new subunits.

Adding specific alerts for Scanner, FaxModem, or security  would
be a major expansion of scope.

And adding specific alerts for Scanner, FaxModem, etc. (rather
than using the existing subunit generic alerts from Printer MIB v2)
would be architecturally risky because...

We do NOT plan to develop a ScanDevice or FaxDevice MIB at
present (and I don't want to tackle them now).

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira (Editor of MFD Alert Groups)

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG