Character Repertories Mail Archive: CR> CR update and plans

CR> CR update and plans for NYC

From: elliott.bradshaw@zoran.com
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 13:17:22 EDT

    Hi CR folks,

    I have been remiss in posting updates from the Portland meeting, but will
    do so Real Soon Now.

    Between now and NYC I hope to confirm the charter, which needs one
    modification from the Last Call.

    There will be posted new versions of the two documents, the spec for
    RepertoireSupported and the best practices. I will ask for comments, and
    perhaps Last Call, on these prior to NYC.

    There has also been discussion of another project that would define more
    complete coverage for regional products. E.g. a "good" set of repertoires
    for mainland China. Whether this would be packaged as a spec or as Best
    Practices is TBD.

    So, in summary:

    Items prior to NYC:

      -formal vote on charter
      -revisions, discussion, and maybe last call on two existing documents

    Agenda for NYC:

      -items from last call of two existing documents (this should be the last
    f2f for these)
      -overview and brainstorming about "good" regional coverage

    Elliott Bradshaw
    Director, Software Engineering
    Zoran Imaging Group (formerly Oak Technology Imaging Group)
    781 638-7534