Character Repertories Mail Archive: CR> CR Charter

CR> CR Charter

From: elliott.bradshaw@zoran.com
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 15:00:48 EDT

    In June we completed Last Call for the CR working group charter. During
    the Last Call period, one issue was raised:

    1. The term "character set" is too vague. We should use the more
    technically precise term "charset".

    I have posted a revised charter that addresses this issue. I adapted the
    section in the main Repertoire Supported document which defines charset and
    character repertoire, and used it here. This terminology was reviewed
    without comment at the Portland meeting. The result is posted at:

      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/charter/ch-cr10-20030813.html

    I therefore believe this charter is ready for a formal vote. I will wait a
    few days for anyone to voice an objection, then start a voting period next
    week.

      E.

    P.S. Minutes from Portland are posted at

      http://www.pwg.org/cr/CRMinutes-June-2003.html

    Elliott Bradshaw
    Director, Software Engineering
    Zoran Imaging Group (formerly Oak Technology Imaging Group)
    781 638-7534