Re: IDS> Min_Cipher_Suite and Min_Cipher_Key_Length attributes

From: Ira McDonald (blueroofmusic@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 14:44:47 EST

    Hi,

    I think we *also* want to add references to these two IETF BCPs:

    RFC 3766 Determining Strengths For Public Keys Used For Exchanging
         Symmetric Keys. H. Orman, P. Hoffman. April 2004. (Format: TXT=55939
         bytes) (Also BCP0086) (Status: BEST CURRENT PRACTICE) (23 pages)

    RFC 4086 Randomness Requirements for Security. D. Eastlake, 3rd, J.
         Schiller, S. Crocker. June 2005. (Format: TXT=114321 bytes)
         (Obsoletes RFC1750) (Also BCP0106) (Status: BEST CURRENT
         PRACTICE) (48 pages)

    They are both, by the way, well worth reading.

    Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
    email: blueroofmusic@gmail.com
    winter:
      579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176