Re: IDS> Min_Cipher_Suite and Min_Cipher_Key_Length attributes

From: Brian Smithson (brian.smithson@ricoh-usa.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2009 - 19:03:54 EST

    Thanks, Randy.

    So is our key length attribute redundant?
    --
    Regards,
    Brian Smithson

    Randy Turner wrote:

    Hi Brian,

    I think the IANA registry actually has the key length specified as part of the suite enumeration.

    Examples are:

    TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
    TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256

    There are other suites that don't specify numeric key sizes, but in these cases, the algorithm itself
    (3DES for example) work with a specific key size that doesn't vary.

    In this case, we may be able to just specify that we're talking about a minimum suite, with a reference to RFC 5246 and
    the IANA registry itself.

    Randy