From: Brian Smithson (brian.smithson@ricoh-usa.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 23:17:18 EST

    During the 2/5/09 conference call, we talked about how to provide
    complete information for an implementer while still limiting the amount
    of information that is duplicated from (and potentially inconsistent
    with) Microsoft's NAP documents and PWG's attributes spec. I believe
    that we decided to describe each attribute with a heading title, a very
    short description (one sentence is the target), a pointer to the other
    document where the attribute is fully described, and then a detailed
    description of the bits and bytes. I promised to provide an example or
    two via email and solicit comments before rewriting clause 4 of the NAP
    binding document.

    Attached is are examples of an MS attribute and a PWG attribute.

    Please take a look and let me know what you think, or discuss on the
    mailing list if that is appropriate. Please note that the style of
    presenting the bits and bytes could be done differently. I will provide
    some examples of presentation in another email, so for now, just focus
    on the title and first paragraph.

    --
    Regards,
    Brian Smithson