Re: IDS> minutes from April 8 2009 TCG HCWG charter discussion teleconference

From: Brian Smithson (brian.smithson@ricoh-usa.com)
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 01:41:32 EDT

    I'm need to brush up on my Venn diagrams :-)

    Seriously, I think that the work of the TCG HCWG will necessarily be
    TCG-specific.

    --
    Regards,
    Brian Smithson

    Randy Turner wrote: > Hi All, > > After reading the minutes from the latest TCG HCWG re-chartering > discussion, I have the following comment... > > I think, at a minimum, any new charter for the TCG HCWG should be > filtered through the goals and objectives of the p2600 work > and the PWG-IDS activity to determine any new objectives. > > in other words, > > o1 = set of p2600 goals and objectives (both core standard and > protection profiles) > o2 = set of PWG IDS goals and objectives (including NEA/TNC + IDS > attributes) > o3 = The union of o1 and o2 (i.e., o1 U o2) > > o4 = The set of proposed TCG HCWG goals and objectives > > The intersection of o3 and o4 should be the empty set > > Thanks, > Randy > > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Smithson" > <brian.smithson@RICOH-USA.COM> > To: <STDS-2600@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> > Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 1:13 PM > Subject: [2600] minutes from April 8 2009 TCG HCWG charter discussion > teleconference > > >> Please see the attached meeting minutes from yesterday's teleconference >> discussion of the TCG Hardcopy Workgroup charter revision. >> >> Many thanks to Shah Bhatti for leading the discussion, Seigo Kotani for >> acting as interim chair and BoD liaison, Steve Hanna for providing >> perspective from the TNC WG, and Lee Farrell for contributing his >> excellent notes to the production of these minutes. >> >> -- >> Regards, >> Brian Smithson >> PM, Security Research >> PMP, CISSP, CISA, ISO 27000 PA >> Advanced Imaging and Network Technologies >> Ricoh Americas Corporation >> (408)346-4435 >> >> > > >