IPP Mail Archive: FTP Server problem (Was: Suggested text for the state syntax in IPP V0.92)

FTP Server problem (Was: Suggested text for the state syntax in IPP V0.92)

Jeff Schnitzer (jds@underscore.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:44:36 -0500

Tom Hastings wrote:

> I've attached revisions to section 6.1 Attribute Syntax as .doc and
> .pdf
>
> I will post the files in \new\ipp92syn.doc and .pdf
> as soon as I can, but I was unable to change directories
> when logging into the PWG server so I could not post any documents!
> I was able to read documents using anonymous ftp though.
> I have a call into Jay and Jeff who are off-side for a few hours.

Tom has placed the files on the FTP server.

In closing a security hole with anonymous FTP on the PWG server, I
broke the "root" of the pwg account. UNTIL I FIX THIS PROBLEM, YOU
MAY SEE THE PATH TO THE PWG TREE AS /home/ftp/pub/pwg RATHER THAN
JUST /pub/pwg [This is what broke Tom's scripts]. Otherwise, both
anonymous FTP and the pwg account work as before.

/Jeff

Jeffrey D. Schnitzer | Email: jds@underscore.com
Underscore, Inc. | Voice: (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd | Fax: (603) 889-2699
Hudson, NH 03051-4915 | Web: http://www.underscore.com