IPP Mail Archive: MOD - Re: IPP> create job IPP operation

MOD - Re: IPP> create job IPP operation

Tom Hastings (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:00:07 PDT

At the PRO meeting yesterday, we review Randy's protocol document
which has lots of operation semantics, which we agreed should be moved
to the Model document. Amongst these was a Boolean "end-document-stream"
input parameter which we also agreed would become a job attribute,
so that you could do a GetAttributes and see if the job stream was
still open or not.

BTW, we also agreed to call things in the request, 'parameters', not
'attributes'. Most input parameters of Create-Job and Print-Job wind
up as attributes on the job object. Parameters are passes in a request
or a response, and attributes exist on an object.

Tom