IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Document attributes

Re: IPP> Document attributes

Robert Herriot (Robert.Herriot@Eng.Sun.COM)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:27:05 -0700

I think that we agreed not to decide on the format of attributes that
have a separate value for each document by eliminating document-name,
and stating that all documents in a job have the same document-format,
meaning that document-format is a job-level attribute.

Document-URI is still a problem unless either we eliminate Send-URI (my
preference) or eliminate document-URI as a job attribute until a later
version.

Although we previously decided not design a format for per-document
attributes until a later version, I pointed out that an attribute 'foo'
could take on a "dictionary" value whose values might be "default=XYZ"
and "3=ABC" to indicate that the job level 'foo' attribute has a value
of "XYZ" and document-3 has a value of "ABC". Such a solution is not
precluded by the current design.

Bob Herriot