IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Processing Algorithm

RE: IPP> Processing Algorithm

Turner, Randy (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:55:24 -0800

In a very early protocol draft, I had a transaction identifier in
the packet so that clients could pipeline requests to
a server that, in theory, could be processed and responded
to out of order.

However, it was decided that requests over a single
connection would be processed in order (FIFO), and that
if overlapping requests are desired, then the client could
open additional (separate) connections to the server and
issue them.

Randy