IPP Mail Archive: IPP> RE: Does the world need a robust host-to-device network prin

IPP> RE: Does the world need a robust host-to-device network prin

Paul Moore (paulmo@microsoft.com)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 08:56:29 -0800

I dont really care what it is as long as :-

- everybody accepts that it is worth doing and implments it
- it does what I need
- it is consistent with IPP.

The problem is that printer manufacurers want to put IPP in their devices,
they are reluctant to put yet another print protocol in as well. As don
wright said 'I'd rather boil the ocean'