P1394 Mail Archive: P1394> IEEE 1394 ConfigROM clarifications

P1394> IEEE 1394 ConfigROM clarifications

From: Kirthi (kirthi@tataelxsi.co.in)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 15:46:39 EST

    Hello,

    We have a SBP2 and OHCI driver for TI IEEE1394 Card, running on pSOS
    (x86) platform.
    While trying to connect our driver to the PC (PC running on Win2K),
    Win2k is
    sending a Asynchronous read request for reading config ROM. After
    reading the
    ConfigROM, the PC is sending a asyn quadlet read request at an address
    0xFFFFFFFFF
    0000800. we know that this address is in the Initial Unit Space.

    1. We would like to know why this address is read from the PC? what
    exactly the PC
    is expecting? and what should be our response?

    2. We are using Win1394 Application provided by MicroSoft with Win2K to
    test our
    driver. Also, the Win1394 Application is not recognizing our node as a
    1394 node
    after reading ConfigROM.

    3. What are the ConfigROM specifications for PC running Win2K and SBP2?.
    We have
    ConfigROM entries for both Win2k and SBP2, but we would like to know any
    changes has
    been done to ConfigROM entries.

    I request you to answer as soon as poosible

    Thanks in Advance
    regards
    kirthi