PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> r/w objects

Re: PMP> r/w objects

Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:22:08 -0400

Classification:

Interop tests are fun, but costly. No, I'd prefer a survey, unless there is no
interest at all.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 04/30/97 07:49 AM ---

jkm@uscore.underscore.com
04/29/97 06:29 PM

To: Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
cc: pmp@pwg.org@internet
Subject: Re: PMP> r/w objects

Harry,

> One thing I don't think we determined very well during interop testing (and I
> wanted to bring up at today's call but ran out of time) is to what extent r/w
> objects have been implemented as r/w vs. r/o. Wouldn't it be important to a
mgt > app to find out NO ONE allows you to WRITE and store in NVRAM the value
of >
prtInputMediaName (for example)?

I take it you're suggesting that the PMP group should perform some sort
of common test(s) on their products. Do you have a specific proposal
in mind to determine the level of implementation consistency?

...jay