PWG-IPP Mail Archive: RE: PWG-IPP> Last Call Comments on IPP

RE: PWG-IPP> Last Call Comments on IPP "-actual" Attributes Docum ent

From: Ron.Bergman@hitachi-ps.us
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 19:08:11 EST

    Tom,

    My personal opinion is:

    A. I prefer the page numbers to start from 1. Historically, IEEE
    specifications
       number all the front boiler plate using the LC Roman numerals. I have
    seen
       where this is a problem for Acrobat but I also have files that display
    the
       correct page numbers, including the Roman numerals, using the same
    reader.
       So it may be a version or setup issue with the Acrobat writer. It might
    be
       better (i.e. easier) to find the Acrobat secret and not try to get the
    ISTO
       to change. Have you discussed this with the ISTO?
       (I will send you the file that shows the "real" page numbers, if you
    would
       like to see. The files are at my home and I will bring them in tomorrow.
       Let me know.)

    B. I don't like the page numbers at both the top and bottom. This rarely is
       done on any other documents and just doesn't look proper. Again, I don't
       think we should fight this battle with the ISTO.

    C. I also don't care for the cover page before the title page. This is also
       a practice that is derived from book formats. I can live with this also.

            Ron