XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> Design rationale on presentation

Re: XP> Design rationale on presentation

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 18:03:25 EST

    Fujisawa-san:

    Just because the Presentation Module is not a part of XHTML Basic does not
    mean we shouldn't support it. It seems to me it is perfectly valid to
    chose the pieces of Modularization of XHTML that make sense. The
    Presentation Modules provides additional text options that a low end client
    might want to use without requiring that client to use CSS to achieve the
    same effect. From the printer's perspective, these are all very simple to
    implement so why not? XHTML Basic was the W3C's idea of a minimum set for
    web browser and display on a monitor; that doesn't make it right for all
    other environments.

    Don Wright don@lexmark.com

    Member, IEEE SA Standards Board
            PatCom Chair, SCC Liaison