XP Mail Archive: XP> Enhanced Layout enhancement set for DTV

From: Miyazawa Shunsaku (Miyazawa.Shunsaku@exc.epson.co.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 10:50:18 EST

    Hello,

    >1. Should enhancements requested by Digital TV groups be added to the
    >Enhanced Layout enhancement set or become a new, separate enhancement set?
    >http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/minutes/Minutes-November-2002.html#dtv
    > Supported by:
    > Kazuyuki MURATA, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co,.LTD.(PANASONIC)
    > Elliot Bradshaw, Oak
    > Don Wright, Lexmark

    >Discussion: This enhancement request adds a requirement for new
    >functionality and cannot be resolved before the next face-to-face meeting of
    >the PWG on January 20, 2003. One tactic is to release a "frozen" version of
    >the spec. before enhancements are added to the existing enhancement set --
    >effectively creating two versions of the enhanced layout extension set --
    >which is the equivalent to just defining two, separate enhancement sets.

    >The major question is then, if the dtv extensions will be added to the spec
    >and required of enhanced layout printers, should that happen now and if not
    >now when?

    AV/C Printer people expect to refer XHTML-Print and CSS-Print early as long as it is possible.
    New AV/C Printer Specification is going to have a data profile of XHTML-Print
    (CSS-DTV-Print-Enhanced).
    So, we would like to add enhancement for DTV either in existing enhancement or new column.
    Either adding in existing enhancement or adding in new column of CSS-Print is good for us.

    Shunsaku Miyazawa
    SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION
    81-263-52-2552