XP Mail Archive: XP> Change to timing of W3C's HTML-Print ch

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) (jim.bigelow@hp.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 10:48:52 EST

    Hello,

    In today's W3C HTML Working Group meeting, I said that I think that the W3C
    XHTML-Print should reference the W3C CSS Print Profile (and vice versa). The
    release schedule for the two documents has drifted out of sync. After some
    discussion the following was decided:

    RESOLVED: we [HTML WG] will take XHTML Print to CR at the same time that CSS
    Print starts last call, and we will ensure the references in both documents
    are updated accordingly.

    I'm still planning/hoping to get the CSS Print Profile to start Last Call
    Working Draft status during this month (Dec. 2003), with a transition to
    Candidate Recommendation in March of 2004.

    Jim

    ---

    Jim Bigelow, Editor: XHTML-Print & CSS Print Profile W3C HTML and CSS Working Groups http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-print/ http://www.w3.org/TR/css-print/ Hewlett-Packard 208-396-2068 jim.bigelow@hp.com