IPP> MOD - Incompatible attribute specs: To Print or Not To Print?

IPP> MOD - Incompatible attribute specs: To Print or Not To Print?

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Mar 21 21:54:03 EST 1997

> From jkm at underscore.com Fri Mar 21 09:38:41 1997
>

> To solve this kind of problem, most of our software provides a special
> attribute named "allornone" that a user can specify to say "if any part
> of the job fails, then cancel the entire rest of the job".  Part of the
> job processing involves ensure all specified attributes are valid for
> the target printer; hence, if "allornone" is specified--but one or more
> attributes is invalid for the target printer--then the job is cancelled
> (and a message is sent to the user describing the details of the failure).
>

> Comments?
>
> 	...jay

Am I correct that your "allornone" attribute is the same idea as the
best-effort job attribute we discussed today.  The best-effort attribute
has at least two values. One is "honor-all-attributes-or-print-nothing",
and another is "print-and-try-your-best-to-honor-all-attributes".