MFD> Comments on wd-mfdscan10-20071018.pdf

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Wed Oct 31 15:53:21 EDT 2007

My comments:

PZ01 - Line:264 - Remove the line marked 4 from the diagram.  The client
does not ask the Template Manager Service for a new/empty template.  The
new template is created based on the Job Ticket schema.

PZ02 - Line 272 - delete (see PZ01)

PZ03 -  Line 273 delete (see PZ04)

PZ04 - Line 274 change to "The remote Scan Client requests, from the
user's specified Scan Service (scanner), the associated description
attribute and the range of values for each element."

PZ05 - Line 282 change to "The Template Manager Service stores the
configured Scan Job Template in its Job Template Repository (local or
remote).

PZ06  - renumber diagram and processing flow.

PZ07 - Line 291-292 - delete (See PZ01)

PZ08 - Line 333 - change to "From the Local Scan Client the end user
requests a list of templates"

PZ09 - Line 378 - change "supportedand" to "supported and"

PZ10 - Comment - We know when a Digital Document is created.  Does the
model contain any attributes that control the deletion of the Digital
Document?  I assume if we do add this feature it would only apply to
Digital Documents store internal to the MFD and accessible only via the
Scan Service.

PZ11 - Line 550 - This should be Pause instead of disable.  We want to
temporarily interrupt the processing of scan jobs not the acceptance of
new scan jobs into the queue

PZ12 - Comment - What is the difference between use case 6 and 7

PZ13 - Comment - I would like to update the model and operations based
on the existing WSDL/Schema with updates based on requirements from this
version of the document

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster