WIMS> [PDF] Revision to Counter Spec

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Feb 5 12:59:00 EST 2007

Hi,

I converted Bill's latest working draft to PDF and posted it at:

HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20070201.doc"
HYPERLINK
"ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20070205.pdf"ftp://ftp.pwg
.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20070205.pdf
HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20070201.doc"
Bill - Status on the cover page needs to pass through Interim, then
Prototype (small religious war here), and reach Stable, before it's
allowed to enter either working group or PWG last call.

Because it adds one element and improves one definition, it could be
treated as Errata and adopted via Call For Objections (rather than
Formal Approval vote).

I wondered about that lack of MediaUsed elements in the per-Service
conformance - but then I remembered that we agreed (at some length)
that MediaUsed was important to define, but should remain OPTIONAL
in the Abstract Counter spec - a mapping can make it REQUIRED or
RECOMMENDED (the Counter MIB is conservative and defines the
icMediaUsedGroup as OPTIONAL).

Chair - FSG Open Printing Steering Committee
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com