IFX Mail Archive: RE: IFX> RE: notes from the ietf FAX wg me

RE: IFX> RE: notes from the ietf FAX wg meeting at IETF 51

From: Bergman, Ron (Ron.Bergman@Hitachi-hkis.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 16:31:55 EDT

    I agree completely with John Pulera's recommendation for one document and
    Bill Wagner's recent comments. The Printer Working Group has been making
    very good progress on the IPP FAX initiate and I believe that, unless there
    remains a unified document, this effort will suffer serious delays.

    What really surprises me on this subject is the fact that RFC 2301 was
    officially published in March 1998, with public drafts available in late
    1997, and this is only now a major issue. Be that as it may, we need to now
    quickly devise a plan that satisfies both Adobe and Xerox, but does not
    scrape all the work on the TIFF-FX extensions.

            Ron Bergman
            Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions