IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> IPP document set - naming convention(s)

RE: IPP> IPP document set - naming convention(s)

Turner, Randy (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 14:05:12 -0800

This issue was not brought up in Austin. Only a name change for the
current document was an issue. As far as I can tell, including the
minutes from Austin, my split proposal is new, and is derived from my
efforts at actually doing another mapping document.

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: don@lexmark.com [SMTP:don@lexmark.com]
Sent: Friday, March 13, 1998 12:46 PM
To: rturner@sharplabs.com
Cc: Ipp@pwg.org
Subject: Re: IPP> IPP document set - naming convention(s)

I think this issue was decided in Austin with a name change for
the
Protocol document.
Considering the pain separating them now would be and having to
deal with
editing all
the cross references, etc. in the IETF format is just not worth
it. When
the time comes to
map IPP to another transport then Bob or whoever is editor of
that protocol
document
can make the split.

* Don Wright don@lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances *
* Lexmark International *
* 740 New Circle Rd *
* Lexington, Ky 40550 *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax) *