IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Sche

RE: IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

From: Bruce Greenblatt (bgreenblatt@directory-applications.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 16:30:05 EDT

    Well, if Sun doesn't want you to use their arc for this, that is a
    different problem altogether. If it will help, I'm certainly willing to
    donate an arc off of my branch of the OID tree:

    1.3.6.1.4.1.5515.

    I've already used a couple of branches underneath this, but I'm willing to
    allocate: 1.3.6.1.4.1.5515.3 for your use.

    Bruce

    At 01:18 PM 4/21/2000 -0700, Manros, Carl-Uno B wrote:
    >Bruce,
    >
    >I think we have an added problem in that Sun also intends to use this branch
    >for some of their private extensions which go beyond the standardized
    >values. I think that mixing the two on the same OID branch would cause more
    >confusion then what it is worth.
    >
    >Carl-Uno

    Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
    Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
    http://www.directory-applications.com
    Sign up for our LDAP Technical Overview Seminar at:
    http://www.acteva.com/go/dtasi