IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> IPP over other transports

Re: IPP> IPP over other transports

From: henrik.holst@i-data.com
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 03:46:45 EDT

    It's right you could run IP over Bluetooth. Today there is only one profile
    describing how
    to implement a LAN access point, not a really LAN on Bluetooth, but is just a
    matter of time
    before this profile will be finished. But I am not sure the mobil phones and the
    PDA's will
    implement a whole TCP/IP stack just for printing. They have a WAP stack, so I
    think they
    would preferred to reuse the stack for printing to.

    Henrik

    "Paul Moore" <pmoore@peerless.com> on 19-04-2000 18:09:17