IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> IPP over other transports

RE: IPP> IPP over other transports

From: henrik.holst@i-data.com
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 04:05:15 EDT

    Well we don't have a ready solution right now. But Bluetooth specifies a lot of
    profiles
    how to make a file transfer and so on, but no profiles of 'how to print'. I am
    sure that there will
    be a need to be able to print from the mobil phone and the PDA's. So we have the
    chance
    to do IPP more worldwide. But I am not sure that the mobil phone will contain an
    full TCP/IP
    stack to run on the top of Bluetooth, but I know they have a WAP stack, which
    could be
    used as our transport.
    In i-data we trying to find out if a Bluetooth printer group exist, to find out
    how far they are.
    So I am not sure, if this new profile should be written by us or a Bluetooth
    group.

    Henrik

    "Carl-Uno Manros" <carl@manros.com> on 20-04-2000 16:41:44