IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> paper sources

RE: IPP> paper sources

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 07:21:38 EDT

    Norbert,

    What do you mean by "paper source"? Give some examples? Do you mean input
    trays?

    We currently don't have a way in IPP for a client to find out what is in
    each input tray. However, we do have a way for the client to figure out
    what is loaded in input trays, by querying the "media-ready" (see RFC 2911)
    and/or "media-col-ready" (see Production Printing spec) Printer attributes.
    The client get a list of distinct media instances that are currently loaded
    in input trays.

    Thanks,
    Tom