IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> No more Bake-offs?

RE: IPP> No more Bake-offs?

From: Mike Bartman (bartman@process.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 12:58:10 EST

    I agree. Digital Equipment Corp. started making VAX computers in 1978...and
    the VAX vacuum cleaner wasn't seen as an infringement when it came along 15
    years or so later...except perhaps by those few blighted souls who thought
    that VAX-11/780's sucked... :^)

    I'd say keep "bake-off" until they prove that people can't tell the
    difference between a protocol and a muffin.

    If bake-off has to go, then perhaps the "Connectathon" idea can be extended
    to cover IPP.

    -- Mike Bartman