IPP Mail Archive: IPP> RE: PWG> Media Names Standard, Ver

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2001 - 22:14:26 EST

    IPP (RFC2911) has a number of media names that include engineering sizes
    taken from [ASME-Y14.1M]. For some reason we only included them as media
    names (e.g., iso-a1x3-transparent), and not as media size names (e.g.,
    iso-a1x3) in IPP. These size names are:

    iso-a1x3, iso-a1x4
    iso-a2x3, iso-a2x4, iso-a2x5
    iso-a3x3, iso-a3x4, iso-a3x5, iso-a3x6, iso-a3x7
    iso-a4x3, iso-a4x4, iso-a4x5, iso-a4x6, iso-a4x7, iso-a4x8, iso-a4x9

    Should we add them?

    Someone should look at [ASME-Y14.1M] and get the proper length dimensions
    (which aren't in IPP), to go with the width dimensions which are in IPP.

    Thanks,
    Tom