From: Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@xerox.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 11:00:35 EST

    Glen,

    I see the set of MFD specification enhancing the development of workflow
    solutions. The MFD specification clarifies the common semantics used by
    the various user perceived MFD functions. I expect an orchestration
    service/application would oversee the execution of complex jobs and
    handle task sequencing and task status rollup and processing. The
    orchestration service/application can leverage industry standards (e.g.
    WSCI, BPEL4WS, JDF), be market or vendor specific or, perhaps,
    eventually select one of those and create MFD orchestration service in
    its own right.

    Pete

    Peter Zehler

    Xerox Research Center Webster